Chicken Wings In Satay SauceFrom kateylou 9 years ago
- 1kg (2lb) chicken wings (works out to be about 30 wings) shopping list
- 185g (6 oz) peanut butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup (185ml / 6 fl oz) water shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- pinch of chili powder shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the Satay Sauce ingredietns in a saucepan. Heat and simmer for 5 minutes then allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F or gas mark 4. Rinse the wings and dry with a paper towel. I like to keep my wings whole but you can cut them on the joint to make two pieces if you like.
- Place the wings in a bowel and stir through 1/2 cup (125 ml ) satay sauce. (Keep the rest of the sauce to use later) . ver the chicken wings and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place the marinated wings with underside up on a rack over a shallow dish or tray lined with foil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the wings and brush with the satay suce you used to marinade them. Cook for a futher 20 minutes.
- If necessary brush again with the marinade sauce and turn up the oven heat to 200 C, 400 F or gas mark 6. Cook for 5 minutes to crisp them up.
- Remove from the oven and serve on a platter as hot finger food with the original fresh satay sauce to dip (not the marinade batch).
The Cookkateylou Pietermaritzburg, ZA
- Not added to any groups yet!