Jalapeno HushpuppiesFrom circlemoon8 2 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp Tabasco (I use more) shopping list
- 1/4 cup onions, minced shopping list
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded, minced shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, hot sauce, onions, and jalapenos together. Stir in the eggs and milk. Mix until fully incorporated. Drop 1 TBS of the batter at a time, into the fryer. Fry the hushpuppies for 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown. Stirring constantly will ensure uniform browning. Remove from the oil and drain on paper bag.
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!