Bodacious Banana Nut BreadFrom sheilabetsy 3 years ago
- * 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- * 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- * 3/4 cups white sugar shopping list
- * 3/4 cups brown sugar shopping list
- * 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- * 2-3 overripe bananas shopping list
- * 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- * 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan.
- 2. In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and powder. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Mash bananas by squeezing together with hands and add to mixture along with vanilla, cinnamon, and buttermilk. Beat together on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs last and mix well.
- 4. CAREFULLY stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened. Over stirring will cause the bread to be tough.
- 5. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- 6. Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- 7. Bake 8-inch loaves for 1 hour, checking after 45 minutes, or bake 9-inch loaf for 75 minutes, checking after 1 hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pan(s) to cooling rack.
- 9. Cool about 1 hour before slicing.
- 10. Wrap in saran wrap to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.
- 11. To freeze bread, wrap foil around saran wrap and place in a freezer bag. When ready to use, remove from freezer and place in refrigerator until defrosted.
The Cooksheilabetsy Brick, New Jersey
- Not added to any groups yet!