Painted Sugar CookiesFrom sheilabetsy 4 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon water shopping list
- Assorted colors of paste food coloring shopping list
- decorator sugar shopping list
- vanilla and chocolate ready-to-spread frosting shopping list
- Edible candy decorations (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Beat butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add 1-1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add egg and beat well.
- 3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 4. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness between two sheets of wax paper. Cut with cookie cutters. Place 1" apart on cookie sheets.
- 5. Combine egg yolk and water; stir well. Divide mixture among several cups. Tint with desired colors of food coloring. keep egg yolk paint until ready to use. Add a few drops of water if paint thickens too much.
- 6. Using a small paintbrush or sea sponge, paint assorted designs on some cookies with egg yolk paint. Sprinkle some cookies with decorator sugar. Leave some cookies plain.
- 7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies stand 1 minute on cookie sheets. Carefully transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost plain cookies with vanilla and chocolate frosting, and decorate as desired.
The Cooksheilabetsy Brick, New Jersey
- Not added to any groups yet!