King CakeFrom lishakay 1 year ago
- cake shopping list
- • 2 (.25 oz) packages active dry yeast shopping list
- • ½ cup sugar shopping list
- • 1 cup warm milk shopping list
- • ½ cup butter, melted shopping list
- • 5 egg yolks shopping list
- • 4 cups flour shopping list
- • 2 tsp salt shopping list
- • 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- • 1 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- • 1 (8oz) package cream cheese shopping list
- • ½ cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- icing shopping list
- • 2 cups confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- • ¼ cup lemon juice shopping list
- • 2 Tb milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk. Let stand until creamy (about 10 min).
- 2. Stir in egg yolks and melted butter. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, and lemon zest. Beat the flour mixture into the egg mixture 1 cup at a time. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and supple, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in and turn to coat. Cover with damp cloth and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and ½ cup confectioner’s sugar. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll out into 6X30” rectangle. Spread cream cheese filling across center of the dough. Bring the 2 long edges together and seal completely. Using your hands, shape the dough into a long cylinder and place on a greased baking sheet, seam side down. Shape dough into a ring. Place baby in from the bottom. Place coffee can in the middle to keep shape. Cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 45 minutes).
- 5. In a small bowl combine confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice and milk. Stir well.
- 6. Bake at 350 until brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool. Drizzle with icing. See Photo
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!