Italian Easter-egg Bread BasketFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
How to make it
- Color 6 of the eggs first; set oven for 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil-makes 6 baskets.
- To color eggs, boil 1/2 cup water for each color desired, add 1 tsp. vinegar to each. Add 10 drops dye . Roll egg in dye solution. Let eggs dry .
- Combine sifted flour, baking powder and sugar. Set aside. Beat together : egg, oil and vanilla. Knead with spoon while adding dry mix. to egg mix. , a little at a time. Knead with hands, on a clean surface until evenly mixed. DO Not OVER KneaD. On foil-lined tin, shape a cupful of dough into a basket shape, Place a colored egg in center and cover with a "basket handle": Roll a 1 inch wide, 6 inch long piece of dough lengthwise-then curve to resemble basket handles. Attach by pressing fingers onto the dough where it meets the basket. Brush basket with egg white, apply sprink.les. Then brush with milk.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350. Le cool before removing with wide spatula. Serve or give on paper plates with decorated border. Wrap in plastic, tie with colored ribbon for a traditional and unique Easter cookie gift!
- Makes 6 baskets.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!