Grandma's Mashed PotatoesFrom MsEEKKM 4 years ago
- 4 Large potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 onion, I prefer red shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, yes I prefer the real thing, its better for you shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- dash of pepper shopping list
- italian seasoning, optional shopping list
- skim, non-fat milk shopping list
- Grated cheese, optional shopping list
- You can use a light gravy if you want shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the potatoes, poke them with a fork.
- Microwave them for 20ish minutes.
- Chop the onion up into small pieces.
- Place the onion in the bowl you plan on serving the potatoes in.
- Add butter and garlic, microwave 3 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done put them on your cutting board and slice them in half, let them cool for a few minutes so you can handle them.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough for you to handle, slice them like spear pickles in 4 long lengths.
- Then chop the potato up fine across the cuts.
- Really this is just to get the skin into small pieces instead of sliding off and not being used.
- We like the skin. All the vitamins you know.
- Put these cubes into the bowl with the onions and garlic.
- Using a potato masher, mash up the potatoes and onion mixture together.
- Add the sea salt and pepper.
- Any other seasoning you might like should be added here, also.
- Add a little milk at a time until the potatoes are as moist as you want them to be.
- We like ours somewhat stiff, more like a dolled up baked potato.
- Easier to make a well in also!
- Top with grated cheese.
- Or gravy!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- MsEEKKM Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookMsEEKKM Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!