Veal And Spinach Stuffed ShellsFrom twohot 2 years ago
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lb (454 g) ground veal shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk shopping list
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper shopping list
- 1 fresh bay leaf shopping list
- 8 cups (2 L) packed chopped spinach leaves, (about 2 bunches) shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 4 cups (1 L) Simple tomato sauce recipe shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 48 jumbo shells (about 1 lb/500 g) shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add veal; cook, breaking up meat with spoon, until no longer pink but still moist. Stir in wine, milk, tomato paste, salt, pepper and bay leaf; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding up to 1/2 cup (125 mL) water if necessary to keep mixture moist.
- Add spinach and parsley; cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in mozzarella cheese.
- Meanwhile cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Divide about 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the tomato sauce over bottoms of two 13- x 9-inch (3 L) casserole dishes.
- Place heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL) in each of the shells. Divide remaining tomato sauce evenly over shells, making sure pasta is completely covered; sprinkle each with half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 1 dish, covered, in 350°F (180°C) oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes, uncovering for last 10 minutes.
- To freeze second dish: Double-wrap casserole in foil; freeze for up to 1 month. Bake from frozen, covered, in 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour, uncovering for last 10 minutes.
- Try Veal and Spinach Stuffed Cannelloni
- Replace the pasta shells with 6 fresh lasagna noodles, (1 lb/500 g)
- Cut each lasagna sheet into six 3- x 3-1/2-inch (8 x 9 cm) rectangles. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta, in batches, until pliable but not fully cooked, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, keeping pieces separate to prevent sticking.
- Spoon rounded 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the veal mixture along 1 short edge of each pasta rectangle. Roll up; place, seam side down, in casserole dish on sauce, making 2 rows of 9 in each dish. Divide remaining tomato sauce evenly over rolls, making sure pasta is completely covered; sprinkle each with half of the Parmesan cheese.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!