Veal SaltimboccaFrom aravivel 3 years ago
- 500g veal loin, sliced into 4 escalopes shopping list
- 20 sage leaves shopping list
- 4 slices of prosciutto shopping list
- plain flour, for dusting shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tbs baby capers, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 40g unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- handful of baby spinach shopping list
- lemon cheeks, to serve shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling shopping list
How to make it
- Place veal slices between two sheets of cling wrap and carefully pound with meat mallet to about 8mm thick.
- Press 2 sage leaves onto each veal piece. Lay prosciutto slices onto a clean work surface and place veal, sage-side down onto each slice of prosciutto (ensuring the sage is wrapped under prosciutto).
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Add wrapped veal pieces to the flour and toss to coat, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add veal to the pan, sage- side down, then add the garlic, capers and butter. Once the butter is foaming add the cherry tomatoes and turn the veal over to cook for a further minute. Add remaining sage to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until cherry tomatoes start to soften. Remove veal from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add white wine to the pan. Using a fork, carefully squash half the tomatoes into the sauce. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Season to taste.
- Spoon sauce with the squashed tomatoes onto serving plate, top with saltimbocca veal and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve with lemon cheeks.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- aravivel Chennai, India
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookaravivel Chennai, India
- Not added to any groups yet!