White Chocolate Cannelloni With Strawberry SoupFrom aravivel 3 years ago
- 250g strawberries, hulled, thickly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup sparkling wine shopping list
- For the Strawberry soup : shopping list
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved shopping list
- 1 cinnamon quill shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped shopping list
- 1 cup sparkling wine shopping list
- 2 tbs caster sugar shopping list
- For the Mousse : shopping list
- 275ml milk shopping list
- 4 gold strength gelatine leaves shopping list
- 350g white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 375ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks shopping list
- For the nut tuiles : shopping list
- 250g almond meal shopping list
- 50g caster sugar shopping list
- 25g plain flour shopping list
- 4 large egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- 2. For the strawberry soup, combine all ingredients in a heat-proof bowl. Cover the bowl tightly with 3-4 layers of cling wrap. Pour water into a saucepan until � full. Heat over low heat and place bowl over saucepan, cook for 1 hour. Remove from the heat, strain through a fine sieve and set aside to cool. Discard pulp.
- 3. For the mousse, bring the milk to just below boiling point in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 4-5 minutes until soft, squeezing out any excess liquid. Remove milk from the heat and stir through the gelatine sheets until dissolved. Strain mixture through a fine sieve over the chocolate in a large bowl, stirring well to combine. Set aside until temperature drops to 35 C. Carefully, whisk the whipped cream through the chocolate mixture. Pour into 6 x 1 cup capacity ramekins and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set.
- 4. For nut tuiles, process almond meal, sugar and flour in a blender or food processor. With the motor running, add egg whites and process until combined. Place a 10cm x 10cm square stencil onto a silicone mat. Place about 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto the silicone and spread very thinly and evenly with a palette knife. Repeat with remaining mixture, leaving space in-between each biscuit. Transfer silicone mat to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Working quickly, remove tuiles from the oven and shape around a 3cm x 12cm plastic pipe or cylindrical tube, creating a cannelloni-shaped biscuit. Set aside to cool.
- 5. Transfer set mousse to a piping bag and cut a hole or use a nozzle that is 1cm in diameter.
- 6. To serve, place strawberry slices in the bottom of a soup bowl. Pipe cannelloni with mousse, place on top of strawberries. Pour strawberry soup around cannelloni and drizzle with sparkling wine.
The Cookaravivel Chennai, India
- Not added to any groups yet!