Carrot CakeFrom jmlompa 3 years ago
- 2 cups all-pourpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1/4-1/8 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 1 cup of cooking oil (vegetable, canola, etc.) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups of grated carrots shopping list
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple with juice shopping list
- 1 cup of flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup of walnuts coarsely chopped (toasted, optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of raisins (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare 9X13" pan with shortening or spray, or (2) 9" round cake pans
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add flour mixture until combined. Add crushed pineapple, with juice, to mixture. Remove from mixer and add carrots, nuts and raisins by hand. Mix thouroughly and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes in 9X13" pan, or 40-50 minutes for round pans. Test with toothpick or cake tester for doneness.
- Remove cake from round pans to frost after 10 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool before frosting.
- Recommended frosting: Cream Cheese Frosting
- Martha Stewart's Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 oz. block of softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3T. milk
- Beat cream cheese and add butter, until blended. Slowly add sugar to desired consistency and taste. Add milk to thin and vanilla at the end and blend.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jmlompa Soquel, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjmlompa Soquel, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!