Cuban SandwichFrom autonatic 4 years ago
- 1 whole grain mini baguette, sliced open and halved shopping list
- Canola mayonnaise and Dijon mustard (optional) shopping list
- 4 thin slices nitrate-free Black Forest or other lean deli ham shopping list
- 4 thin slices nitrate-free deli smoked peppered turkey breast shopping list
- 4 thin slices nitrate-free deli salami shopping list
- 4 thin slices Jarlsburg Lite or swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 large dill pickle, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup baby spinach shopping list
- 2 thin slices red onion shopping list
- 2 slices red bell pepper, raw or roasted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a cast iron skillet, griddle, or double-sided sandwich maker. Spread mustard and mayonnaise on each piece of the bread. Layer 2 slices each of the ham, turkey, salami, and cheese onto 2 pieces of the bread. Layer even amounts of pickle between the meat and cheese. If desired, top each with even amounts of spinach, purple onion, and red pepper. Top each with a piece of bread to make two sandwiches. Place sandwiches on the hot skillet or griddle. (If desired, you can use a small amount of clarified butter on the grill). Lay a heavy skillet on top of the sandwich to flatten the it to about one-quarter of its original size, grilling for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. If using a double-sided sandwich maker, grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve sandwiches hot.
The Cookautonatic Houston, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!