September PuddingFrom Applemick 2 years ago
- 2 Slices bread [crust removed] shopping list
- 1 medium - large dessert apple shopping list
- A little apple juice shopping list
- 6-8 Victoria or Marjorie plums shopping list
- 6-8 ounces blackberries, Late raspberries or a mixture shopping list
- VARIATIONS Try with other seasonal fruits if above not available, or to make less sweet use a Bramley apple instead of a Dessert apple. shopping list
How to make it
- Core and dice the apple, add enough apple juice to avoid burning and bring to boil and simmer until soft. See Photo
- Add the remainder of the fruit, bring back to the boil, simmer until soft, it should not be necessary to add sugar as the plums are very sweet.
- Take off and place in bowl or jug to cool
- Place first slice of crustless bread to base of bowl.
- When fruit cooled, [not necessarily to room temperature] drain of any surplus juice into a small jug.
- Pour fruit on top of bread. If there was little or no surplus juice keep a small amount of the fruit mixture
- Add second slice of bread on top of fruit, and press down.
- Pour surplus juice or remaining fruit on top of bread to ensure bread absorbs juice.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve, either alone or with topping of choice. See Photo
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Applemick St Leonards, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookApplemick St Leonards, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!