Broccoli Crunch RecipeFrom twohot 4 years ago
- 4 -5 cups tiny broccoli florets (and chopped stalks if you like) shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and chopped shopping list
- scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt shopping list
- 1 jar of honey dijon dressing shopping list
- 2 small crisp apples, cut into bit-sized pieces (if you aren't going to use the apples immediately, let them sit in a bowl of water with the juice of 1/2 a lemon) shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted or candied walnuts or almonds shopping list
- 1/3 cup pan-fried crunchy shallots* shopping list
- chives (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and salt as you would pasta water. Boil the broccoli just long enough to take the raw edge of - 10 or 15 seconds. Drain and immerse it in cold water (or let cold water run over it). At this point, I like to spin the broccoli in a salad spinner to get the water off, but a few good knocks against the sink in a strainer can do the trick pretty well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl gently toss the broccoli, apples, , most of the shallots and nuts with a generous drizzle of the honey Dijon dressing. Turn out onto a platter and finish with the rest of the shallots and chives if you like. Serve family style.
- Serves 4.
- *Stir together the shallots, a splash of clarified butter (or olive oil) and big pinch of salt In a large skillet over medium heat. Stir every few minutes, you want the shallots to slowly brown over about fifteen minutes. Let them get dark, dark brown (but not burn), and if needed turn down the heat. Remove from skillet and onto a paper towel to cool in a single layer where they will crisp up a bit.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!