Red Pepper FudgeFrom WilliamsCreekTradingCompany 3 years ago
- 1C chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 stick salted butter shopping list
- 1/2 t ground red pepper shopping list
- 1+T natural sugar shopping list
- 1C Hersey's cocoa shopping list
- 2C natural sugar shopping list
- 2 C 2% All Natural milk shopping list
- 2t vanilla shopping list
- 4T melted sweet butter shopping list
How to make it
- Ok this is the way we did it, in a small pot I start the pecans.
- 1C chopped pecans
- ½ stick sated butter
- Cook these until they start getting a slight roasted taste then add
- 1/2t ground red pepper (new mexico red/pizza pepper)
- 1T heaping Florida Crystals all natural sugar
- Cook this until the sugar starts to caramelize.
- Add this to the fudge when it (fudge) gets to around 200 deg and cook according to fudge recipe.. I had to redo mine because we did’nt take it to 240 deg. First time, the thermometer was touching the bottom of the pot....... Ha
- This is the recipe used.
- 2C natural sugar
- 1C Hersheys cocoa
- 2C 2% promise land milk
- 2t real vanilla
- 4T melted sweet butter
- Combine these ingredients in a 3-4qt pot and cook for a bit and when around 200 add the pecan mix. Continue until the thermometer goes to the “soft ball” stage then cool it stirring like a mad man until thickening begins. Pour on/in a greased pan let it rest ( I let mine set til next day)
- Watch it it wants to stick while going for 230-240...
The CookWilliamsCreekTradingCompany Tarpley, Texas
- Not added to any groups yet!