Skinny Macaroni And Cheese Soup With BroccoliFrom twohot 1 year ago
- Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 7 pts shopping list
- Calories: 252.7 • Fat: 9.5 g • Carb: 27.8 g • Fiber: 3.9 g • Protein: 16.8 g • Sugar: 3.5 g shopping list
- Sodium: 590.4 mg (without salt) shopping list
- 4 oz dry elbow macaroni (I like Ronzoni Smart Taste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp light butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth) shopping list
- 1 cup fat free milk shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- salt and fresh pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups (about 10 oz) broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups 2% shredded sharp cheddar shopping list
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Chop onion, carrot, celery, garlic by hand or mini food processor.
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, melt light butter. Add chopped vegetables and sauté on low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and fresh pepper to the pot and stir until smooth. Slowly add chicken broth, milk, nutmeg and dry mustard powder; whisking constantly. Set heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil. Cover and cook on low about 10-15 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets, parmesan cheese, and stir well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Cook uncovered until broccoli is cooked, about 5 minutes or more to your liking.
- Add cheddar, mixing well until cheese melts and immediately remove from heat. Add cooked elbows and mix well, adjust salt and pepper if needed. Eat right away so the pasta doesn't absorb all the broth.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!