Chicken Paprika And VegiesFrom huminbrd56 9 months ago
- 4 pounds frozen chicken breast fillets, defrosted shopping list
- 2 large heads of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 large red onion. sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 red pepper, not the hot variety. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- red pepper flakes shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 cups of vegetable broth or chicken broth shopping list
- sesame oil or bacon grease, your preference shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- noodles or rice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the sesame oil or grease in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Wash and dry the defrosted chicken breasts, pepper them, and place them in the pan.
- Saute and turn until browned on both sides.
- Remove and place aside.
- Turn the pan up to high heat and add all the vegies, except the broccoli, at once.
- Saute until still the onion starts to brown and caramelize. Most of the vegies should still be crisp.
- Remove the vegies to a plate. See Photo
- Return the chicken to the pan, along with 2 or 3 cups of water or broth, the paprika and the red pepper flakes. See Photo
- Cover and simmer until done. A fork should come out clean, with no visible pink or blood, and the chicken pieces should fall apart when pierced with a fork.
- Add the vegies and raw broccoli on top and cover the pan again.
- Simmer until the broccoi is done, but still crisp.
- Remove all and place in a warm covered dish.
- Cook the rice or noodles in the broth. See Photo
- Place portions of the rice, vegetables and chicken into serving bowls. I broke the chicken into bite-size pieces when I did this step.
- Pour some broth over each, and serve with soy sauce on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- huminbrd56 Concord, North Carolina
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhuminbrd56 Concord, North Carolina
- Not added to any groups yet!