Curried Sweet Potato SoupFrom stain 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoons Madras curry powder shopping list
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup peas (can be frozen) shopping list
- 1 can lite coconut milk (2 cups) shopping list
- 2-4 cups veggie broth (less for a thicker consistency, more for thicker) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- squeeze of one juicy lime shopping list
- a few handfuls of spinach shopping list
- salt shopping list
- handful of chopped cilantro, for garnish shopping list
- a few pinches of red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil. Add onion and some salt salt. Cook, stirring, until it becomes translucent. (about 5 minutes). Add curry powder and garlic and cook for another 30 seconds (don’t let either burn).
- Add a good squeeze of lime, coconut milk, broth, chopped sweet potatoes, brown sugar and a little more salt. Turn heat down and simmer, covered, until the sweet potatoes are soft (20-30 minutes).
- Stir in the peas and spinach and cook for just another minute or two.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding a few pinches of red pepper flakes if you want it a little spicy.
- Top with cilantro and serve with naan bread on the side.
The Cookstain Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!