Slow Cooked Macaroni & CheeseFrom reddiva256 3 years ago
- 8 ounces medium shell macaroni shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese or a Cheddar blend shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- - Cook the macaroni following package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- - Generously butter the sides and bottom of a 3½- to 4-quart slow cooker (I use about 2 tablespoons of butter).
- - Combine the macaroni with the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and blend well. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2½ to 3½ hours, stirring a few times.
- - If desired, spoon the cooked macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or 2, just until cheese is melted.
- - When the macaroni and cheese is done, feel free to spoon into a baking dish, top with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or two for that “fresh from the oven” look.
The Cookreddiva256 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!