Mint Chocolate CakeFrom veganmomof3 11 months ago
- For the cake shopping list
- 21⁄4 cups flour shopping list
- 41⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder shopping list
- 11⁄2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 11⁄2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 11⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
- 11⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 11⁄2 cups cold water shopping list
- icing shopping list
- 1 12-ounce bag dairy-free chocolate chips shopping list
- 1⁄4 cup soy milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine and mix the dry ingredients until blended well.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir quickly.
- Once smooth, pour the batter into a lightly- oiled a 9- × 13-inch nonstick baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (Note: As each oven is different, after 20 minutes, check the cake by inserting a fork or knife into it. If the utensil comes out clean, it’s done!)
- 3. Let the cake cool completely before frosting with icing (recipe above).
- Melt the chips in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Add the soy milk and peppermint extract.
- Stir continuously, adding more soy milk or mint extract, until reaching the desired consistency and taste.
- Let icing cool completely before frosting the cake.
The Cookveganmomof3 Austin, Texas
- Not added to any groups yet!