Bbq Chicken SandwichFrom joule 10 months ago
- 500g boneless chicken fillets shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- 1 tub (70g) of tomato puree (alternatively use ketchup) shopping list
- 1.5 tsp of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil shopping list
- 2 tsp of chopped garlic (or 2 cloves) shopping list
- 2 tsp of onion granules shopping list
- 1 tsp of sugar shopping list
- half a tsp of honey shopping list
- hot paprika (pinch) shopping list
- 2 tsp of paprika/cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt (pinch) shopping list
- garlic pepper (optional) shopping list
- splash of malt vinegar or lemon/lime juice shopping list
- splash of Worcester sauce (optional) shopping list
- white bread (e.g. 8 slices for 2 people) shopping list
How to make it
- Defrost chicken over night (if required).
- Cut pepper into strips.
- Prepare marinade by mixing all other ingredients, starting with tomato puree, mustard and oil.
- Taste the marinade regularly and add more mustard, spices or sugar to please your taste buds! Keep some to the side for the sandwich, if desired (and before adding the chicken!).
- Marinade chicken breasts (min. 5-10 minutes).
- Fry chicken for just over 5 minutes on medium heat (both sides), then add the peppers.
- Because the marinade contains oil, you should not need oil in the pan at the start, but add a little later if the marinade is starting to dry out or burn.
- Add peppers and fry together with the chicken for another couple of minutes.
- Butter 8 pieces of white bread for 2 people (or other nice breads you have in your pantry!).
- Put a couple of chicken breasts and peppers on 4 of the slices and cover each with a second slice.
- Add some additional sauce (if you want and if you kept some to the side).
- Eat. Yum! :)
The Cookjoule Guildford, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!