Crab Taco SaladFrom ttaaccoo 3 years ago
- salad greens, baby lettuces, torn fresh spinach, shopping list
- 1 cup sliced cabbage (I used red and green) shopping list
- chopped baby bok choy shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms shopping list
- half an avocado, sliced shopping list
- scallions or red onions, chopped shopping list
- cucumber, sliced and sprinkled with chile con limon or chile powder shopping list
- tomatoes, bell peppers , fresh orange sections shopping list
- 1 can refried beans, heated shopping list
- grated cheese mozzarella, cheddar, etc. shopping list
- 1 pkg ( 8 oz )faux crab shopping list
- hard boiled eggs --sometimes I've used 3, tonight one was enuf. shopping list
- fresh tomato based salsa shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- corn chips shopping list
- cocktail sauce shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- The Dressing
- combine equal amounts salsa and sour cream, stir together and taste. adjust to taste. If desired, add a dollop of cocktail sauce to give the salsa a bit of seafood zing. Set aside.
- Heat the beans and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, add the salad greens , onions, sliced eggs, mushrooms , any other chopped veggies and avocado and crab just before serving. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado and crab, and dollop the dresssing over all.
- To serve: Have individuals scrunch a few corn chips on plate. Add a spoon of warm beans, and grated cheese. Add the salad combo on top. Top with more chips or cheese or dressing or chopped onions!!
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!