Almond Joy BitesFrom shellyh430 7 months ago
How to make it
- 1. If toasting the almonds yourself: Preheat the over to 400. Spread raw almonds over a baking sheet. Bake for about 4 minutes. Let them cool a little and chop them up.
- 2. Chop the coconut flakes and add them to a mixing bowl.
- 3. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the coconut, mix well until all incorporated. (Don't be afraid to mix with your hands because you can mix it much for evenly. Make sure to wash your hands first.)
- 4. Add the toasted, chopped almonds and mix until combined.
- 5. Form balls with the coconut mixture, pressing them together, hard.
- 6. Lay the candy bites on the parchment paper (waxy side up) and chill them for about an hour.
- 7. Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave at half power for about a minute, stirring every 20 seconds.
- 8. Drizzle chilled Almond Joy Bites with chocolate.
- 9. I recommend keeping the candy in the fridge (and covered of course, so they don't dry out) until ready to serve. They taste great and stay together better after being chilled.
The Cookshellyh430 Brunswick, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!