Huevos Rancheros a la Fry PanFrom melissasue 9 years ago
- Small flour tortillas (we use the smallest size since these get quite filling with all of the toppings. shopping list
- Shreaded cheddar shopping list
- eggs (use 1-2 eggs for each serving) shopping list
- can black beans (there are different varieties. We like the one with cumin, but the one with green chilies is also good!). shopping list
- Pace Picante Sauce shopping list
- Ortega medium hot sauce shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Scramble eggs and cook on stove top - set aside.
- Pour a small amount of EVOO in pan.
- Make a cheese quesadilla by adding Pace and cheddar cheese between two tortillas and fry in pan on high heat. Flip from one side to the other when the tortilla develops golden brown spots and gets a little crisp. Don't over cook!
- Meanwhile, heat beans in a small pot on the stove.
- After the quesidilla has been flipped one time, top it with beans first, then eggs, then Pace and cheddar cheese. Cover and continue cooking on slightly lower heat until the second side of the quesidilla is done and the cheese is melted on top.
- Plate up and top with a dollop of sour cream and some Ortega.
- If making more servings than two, we have also made the quesadillas first, then placed them all on a baking pan with the beans, eggs and cheese and heated them in the oven all at once.