Real Sweet And Sour SauceFrom jaw 5 months ago
- Two oranges shopping list
- Two apples shopping list
- Two lemons shopping list
- One onion shopping list
- One stalk of celery shopping list
- 30g fresh ginger shopping list
- 2.5lt water shopping list
- 500 ml chinese red vinegar shopping list
- 680g sugar shopping list
- 144g hp sauce shopping list
- 144g Worcester sauce shopping list
- 425g tomato puree shopping list
How to make it
- Cut vegetables and ginger into small pieces and boil with water for about half hour ( or until there is 2 liters of water left ) to make the vegetable stock.
- Drain out the vegetable with a sieve you should have about 2 liters of stock.
- Add sugar and vinegar and rest of the ingredients and heat on low to boil.
- When using the sauce its best to thicken with potato starch. Use 2 tablespoons of potato starch with 4 tablespoons of cold water.
- This creates a slurry and is made to thicken the sauce for each dish made with the sauce.
The Cookjaw Liverpool, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!