Buttermilk And Bran RusksFrom melliegirl 1 year ago
- 5 cups of cake flour shopping list
- 5 tsp of baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 3 cups of nutty wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup of weat-bix shopping list
- 1/2 cup all bran cereal or bran shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry oats shopping list
- 2tsp of coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar shopping list
- 500gram margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 cups of buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp of white grape vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp of bicarb of soda/baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Mix all your dry ingredients together, except the baking soda
- In a separate bowl: Melt the margarine/butter and mix together with your buttermilk, eggs, vinegar and baking soda.
- Pour your buttermilk mixture over the dry flour mixture, and mix untill a stiff dough is formed.
- Prepare a large square baking tin/cake tin with spray & cook or rub with butter so that the end product does not stick to your tin
- Press the dough out into the pan untill evenly distributed.
- Bake for about 60 minutes
- Cut rusks into smallish rectangles as per the picture above and let them dry out in your warm drawer of your oven, or alternatively place them inside your oven on a baking sheet at about 60-80 C and let them dry out for about 6 hours.
The Cookmelliegirl Ladysmith, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!