Roasted Beet HummusFrom twohot 3 years ago
- 2 small or 1 medium-sized roasted red beets, peeled and chopped (see instructions below) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame seed paste shopping list
- juice and zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra if desired shopping list
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed & draine - shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Place whole beets on a sheet of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap foil up into a tight packet and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Test beets with a knife to see if they are tender.
- Let beets cool. Top and tail beets. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Place all ingredients except for the chickpeas and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well blended. Add the chickpeas and olive oil and pulse until just incorporated. Add more olive oil as necessary for blending the chickpeas into a paste, or to thin out the hummus to a thinner consistency.
- Serve with pita points.
- - See more at: http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/2013/03/roasted-beet-hummus.html#sthash.Q1m40Yr1.dpuf
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!