Keema (spicy Beef)From twohot 12 months ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 tsp canola oil, and more for frying shopping list
- ½ lb lean ground beef (or ground chicken) shopping list
- ½ onion, minced shopping list
- 2 to 3 green chillies or ½ jalapeno (to taste) shopping list
- ½ tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- ½ tsp red chili powder shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp paprika, optional shopping list
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp GOG (see recipe below) shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted and drained - shopping list
- Garnish shopping list
- juice of ½ lime shopping list
- ½ tsp fenugreek leaves (Kasoor Methi) shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped shopping list
- 10 leaves of fresh mint shopping list
- 1 stalk of green onion, minced shopping list
- 1" knob of ginger, julienned - shopping list
- GOG (garlic, onion, ginger) Paste shopping list
- You can make this recipe in any quantity, suitable for your family. The proportions of the paste should be 20 percent onion, 40 percent garlic and 40 percent ginger. shopping list
- Chop onion and ginger roughly, then add to blender. shopping list
- Peel garlic and add to blender. shopping list
- Add a little bit of water to the blender before grinding for about a minute. The final product should be about the consistency of apple sauce. shopping list
- Bottle and refrigerate — it'll keep for months. shopping list
- - See more at: shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large pot, fry onions and chilies over a medium-high heat.
- 2. Add all the dried spices and continue to fry for another few minutes.
- 3. Add GOG (Ginger, Onion, Garlic Paste), fry for a few more minutes until all spices and aromatics become a spicy paste.
- 4. Add the ground beef (or ground chicken). Fry over medium heat, covered for about 5 minutes. Uncover and let liquid evaporate.
- 5. Add pease, fresh lime juice and kasoori methi and mix well.
- 6. Spoon into a plate and add all other garnishes.
- 7. Serve with roti, naan or steamed basmati rice.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!