Chicken Enchilada SoupFrom DFen911 3 years ago
- 6 Boneless And skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- ½ cup Diced onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 48 ounces chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup masa harina - this is a key ingredient shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 small can whole kernel corn, drained shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- ½ tsp ground cumin shopping list
- cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- ¼ cup cilantro , chopped shopping list
- 2-4 tortillas, sliced shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- avocado shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook chicken thighs in oil until well browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove, dice and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in remaining oil in the same pan as the chicken and cook until onions are translucent. (about 15 min) Pour in chicken broth.
- In a bowl, whisk together masa harina and 3 cups water until well blended. Pour into pot. Add enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, corn, salt, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, until thickened.
- Take 2 tortillas, slice in half, then cut into strips. In a small pan add ½" of oil and fry strips till crispy.
- When soup is done top with chopped cilantro, dollop of sour cream, some shredded cheese and sliced some avocado.