Mediterranean Chickpea, Couscous & Feta SaladFrom champagnetime 4 months ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup couscous shopping list
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 16 kalamata olives, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1 Ortega chili, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a small skillet, cook onions and garlic in the olive oil over low heat until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- While the onion is cooking, in a small saucepan, bring to a boil the 3/4 cup chicken stock, add the coucous, cover tightly and turn heat off and allow to stand 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove lid and with a fork, fluff the couscous and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the chickpeas, cilantro, feta, olives scallions, lime juice and chopped chiles.
- Add the onion mixture and couscous to the salad and gently combine well.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Remove from the refrigerator an hour ahead of serving.