Beef & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers With FetaFrom champagnetime 3 years ago
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained & rinsed (garbanzo beans) shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (I used oregano & basil) shopping list
- 4 red or green bell peppers shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (I used approx. 2 oz. salami rounds from making pizza) shopping list
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9X9-inch baking dish. In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, tomato, chickpeas, pepper and seasoning; set aside.
- Cut tops off the peppers and remove seeds & membranes. (I prefer cutting the peppers in half – top to bottom). Cook in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain upside down on paper towels.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add beef and shallots, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until beef is browned (or if using salami, sauté until the shallots are softened).
- Drain any fat from skillet – add beef mixture to the quinoa and stuff the peppers, top with feta cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
- To make ahead: I made in the morning and put them in a 350° oven for approximately 25 minutes. Nicely warmed.
- Wine served: Bonair 2011 Chardonnay was very good with the bell peppers and the grilled corn.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- champagnetime Straits Of Juan De Fuca, WA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔