No Knead Beer BreadFrom anniek39 1 year ago
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water (100 degrees F or 38 degrees C) shopping list
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine salt shopping list
- all-purpose flour for dusting shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal shopping list
How to make it
- stir together yeast, 1/2 cup flour and warm water in a large bowl. Cover and let sit in a warm spot for about 30 minutes.
- Stir beer, remaining flour and salt into the bowl. Mix until all the flour is incorporated and forms a thick sticky dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm spot for 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Scrape all the dough from the bowl with a rubber spatula, and place on a well-floured surface. Generously flour the top of the dough and form into a loaf shape.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Transfer loaf to the baking sheet and sprinkle the top with flour. Cover loosely with a towel and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place a small loaf pan of warm water on a lower rack to humidify the oven.
- Slash a long slit in the top of the loaf with a sharp knife or razor. Place the baking sheet on the rack above the pan of warm water in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes, until the loaf is golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
The Cookanniek39 ROCHESTER, NEW YORK
- Not added to any groups yet!