100% Whole Wheat BreadFrom twohot 11 months ago
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, heat the water, oil, and molasses over medium heat until steaming. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes (to 120-130 degrees F).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine 2 cups of the flour, the salt, and yeast. Add the liquids and mix on low until moistened, then increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the remaining flour 1/4 cup at a time until dough is firm (I ended up needing a little more than the 2 cups remaining). Knead with the mixer for 3-5 minutes or by hand for 5-8 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled. Punch down the dough, shape it to fit a 9x5 inch loaf pan and let rise again until an indent remains when touched with your finger.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, until loaf is golden brown. Let cool completely.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!