Pie Crust Pizza PocketsFrom Skruzel 3 years ago
- 1 ready bake pie crust (I used Pilsbury) shopping list
- corn meal shopping list
- 1/2 c your favorite pizza or spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1/2 c grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3/4 c chopped ham, pepperoni, sausage, etc (optional) shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 small onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425'F (or 400'F Convection)
- Lightly oil and dust a baking sheet with cornmeal
- Place pie crust flat on the baking sheet
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onions and garlic and cook until slightly browned (add ham or sausage at this point if desired.) Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside to cool
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg (reserve a small amount of the white to brush the crust with at the end)
- Add onion mixture and half of the parmesan cheese to to the egg
- Spoon pizza sauce onto one half of the pie crust (leave about a 1" edge to allow room for folding.)
- Layer mozzarella cheese, egg mixture and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Fold over the pie crust to create a half-circle, roll the edge and press with a fork to secure.
- Brush the top with reserved egg white.
- Bake at 425F for about 30 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting.
The CookSkruzel Fairhaven, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!