Campanelle With Jamison Pizza Sauce - Mediterranean StyleFrom champagnetime 3 years ago
- quantities are approximates: shopping list
- 8 oz Campanelle shopping list
- 2 Tbs oil mix from feta Filled grape leaves from recipe made Aug. 26 for George's dinner party (see below) shopping list
- 4 oz Spicy turkey sausage shopping list
- 2/3 cup garbanzo beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup rough chopped Kalamatas shopping list
- 3/4 cup Jamison pizza sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil & mint shopping list
How to make it
- 1. While the pasta cooks for 9-10 min.; sauté the sausage in the oil mixture until no pink remains.
- 2. Add the garbanzo beans, kalamatas and pizza sauce; simmer while waiting for the pasta.
- 3. Just before draining the pasta, add the feta to the sausage skillet and combine.
- 4. Drain the pasta and transfer to the skillet. Stir all together and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes to combine all the flavors.
- 5. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs and serve immediately.
- Seasoned Oil:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tsps. chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- To use as a dressing: add to the above
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Whisk all together
- Source: a Chef's Journey recipe