Festive Italian QuicheFrom jmlompa 3 years ago
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 cups of chopped zucchini shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1 cup cottage or ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- tomato sauce, recipe follows shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pie shell 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Spread evenly in pie shell.
- Mix 1 cup mozzarella with remaining ingredients excepts sauce. Spoon over vegetables and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve with Tomato Sauce.
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves, crumbled
- 1 clove of garlic, or more, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Simmer ingredients in medium saucepan for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The Cookjmlompa Soquel, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!