Stuffed Cheesy BreadFrom champagnetime 2 years ago
- 10 oz. bread dough shopping list
- these are approximates: shopping list
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) yellow cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 T. grated pecorino romano cheese (I only had Parm) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic granules shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley shopping list
- (black pepper sprinkled over all just before putting in oven) shopping list
How to make it
- Make the filling using 1/2 the mozz, cheddar, pecorino, garlic, salt and parsley - set aside.
- Roll the dough out to approx. 8" sq. and transfer to a cornmeal sprinkled piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of mozz over half the dough. Fold over and seal the edges. Slice the dough crosswise at 1" intervals stopping just before the folded edge.
- Sprinkle the top with the cheese mixture and slide bread onto a heated sheet pan (I used my cast iron griddle) in a 450° oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool as long as you can, then pull apart into breadsticks. Good luck letting this get cool enough to devour!!
- Adapted by a Chef's Journey