Cranberry-ginger Bran MuffinsFrom antoni_kenwa 1 year ago
- 1-1/2 cups oat bran shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant) shopping list
- 1 cup whole buttermilk shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick baking spray w/ flour or use paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oat bran, oats, and buttermilk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Add to oat mixture, stirring well.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to bran mixture, stirring well. Add cranberries and ginger, stirring well. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins