Ms Georgia's Eggs BenedictFrom froggyzan 12 months ago
- 4 English muffins, split and buttered shopping list
- 8 slices of ham shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or other whole-grain mustard shopping list
- 1/2 pound butter, melted and warm shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley leaves shopping list
- cayenne pepper or hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Begin with the hollandaise. Whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice, water, mustard, and parsley. Season with salt and cayenne. Whisk the mixture until pale yellow and slightly thick. Whisking vigorously, gradually add the butter, little by little, until all is incorporated. Season, to taste, with salt and cayenne.
- Put muffins in oven on broil, watch closely. Meanwhile begin poaching eggs. Crack eggs into individual cups or ramikens. Salt and pepper before placing them in boiling water for 2.5-3 min. You do not want the yolk runny nor hard. A perfect set is what you are looking for.
- To assemble, place a slice of ham on toasted English muffin, add poached egg, and top with 2 or 3 tablespoons of Hollandaise.
The Cookfroggyzan Kodak, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!