~ Bun Warmers~From 22566 3 years ago
- 1 Cup sourdough starter shopping list
- 1/2 Cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 Cup clear water shopping list
- 3/4 Cup fresh milk shopping list
- 1/2 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons table salt shopping list
- 1 Envelope dry yeast shopping list
- 3 maybe 4 Cups flour shopping list
- 1 Can cherry pie filling shopping list
- 1 Cup Confectionery sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Cherry extract shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Rebel Reserve Cherry liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- ~ Tomorrow is the first of December...'Christmas' has come early this year ~
- What will you have on your fireplace mantel :o)
- Place the sourdough started in your cherry red mixing bowl.
- You have already heated the butter,water and milk to lukewarm,so add that to the starter.
- Stir within the sugar,salt,and dry yeast.
- Leaving one half cup of flour for kneading later...gradually place the designated other into the mix to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a flour dusted surface and knead until smooth and elastic...adding the reserved flour if necessary.
- In another cherry red mixing bowl...that you got last Christmas...butter the bottom and sides,placing the soft dough and turning to surround.
- Cover with Saran Wrap...Hum? I can think of other uses for Saran Wrap,but we won't go into that at this time...Saving that for your Christmas present :o)
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Next morning...Christmas Morning!
- Turn this out onto a lightly floured surface...divide into twelve pieces ( Well,there is the Twelve Days of Christmas you know :o)
- Gently roll each piece to make a twelve inch strand,if cumbersome then shape on a greased baking sheet by holding one end of strand in place and wind around loosely to form a coil,tuck end firmly underneath.
- Place two inches apart,cover with a nice soft,cozy,cloth and let rest in a warm place free from drafts,and let rise about one hour,or,until doubled in size.
- Make indentations about one inch wide in center of each coil,pressing to bottom.
- Fill with cherry pie filling that has been splashed with Rebel Reserve Cherry Liqueur.
- Your little red oven has been pre-heated at 400 degrees...now bake these little cherry delights for ten to fifteen minutes,or until done.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool.
- When cool...Drizzle with the mixture of confectionery sugar,cherry extract,and Rebel Reserve Cherry Liqueur.
- ~ Set back and admire the misty moonlight,by the flickering fire light! ~
- http://youtu.be/IHfOPsGZssU ( Poetry in Motion...Johnny Tillotson )
- http://youtu.be/81O56QZbhNs ( Cherry,Cherry...Neil Diamond )
- http://youtu.be/QQLWF_ItzYs ( Forever in Blue Jeans...Neil Diamond )
- http://youtu.be/uOIsFBvvbfA ( In the Misty Moonlight...Dean Martin )
- http://youtu.be/bYxgCHoH1Fw ( Take Good Care of Her...Dean Martin )
- http://youtu.be/F4tXMYeUIls ( Play Me...Neil Diamond )
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!