Croatian Chicken Chowder (ajngemahtes)From nitko 10 months ago
- 600 g chicken (back, or surplus from filleting) shopping list
- 60 g chicken liver shopping list
- 20 g chicken (hearts) shopping list
- 20 g chicken (stomach) shopping list
- 200 g carrots shopping list
- 100 g tomato (or one whole tomato) shopping list
- 150 g onion shopping list
- 100 g parsley root shopping list
- 50 g celery root shopping list
- 150 g green peas shopping list
- 10 g kale (leaf) shopping list
- 10 g salt shopping list
- 10 g black pepper (whole berries) shopping list
- 20 g flour shopping list
- 10 g goose lard shopping list
- 100 g dill (fresh, minced) shopping list
- 100 g sour cream shopping list
- 3 l water (cold) shopping list
How to make it
- Put cold water in a pot (appropriate large pot).
- Rind carrots, onion, parsley, celery and put all other ingredients into water. Boil and after it boils reduce heat and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- In the meantime, cook green peas until almost done and put aside.
- Take another pot and melt lard and put flour in it and fry until it become slightly brown (brownish).
- Add just a little soup in it and mix hard until it become creamy; than add filtered soup.
- Cut carrots into small cubes; add green peas and chicken meat (including livers, hearts, and stomach – of course cut them into small pieces).
- Cook for more 30 minutes on low fire. You can also add noodles if you like. Before serving add sour cream and freshly minced dill and serve.