Croatian Savoy Cabbage Stew (“kelj Cuspajz”)From nitko 8 months ago
How to make it
- Wash the savoy cabbage and cut it in 1 inch pieces.
- Preheat the water and when it boils put the savoy cabbage in it and leave it boil for one minute.
- During this operation prepare this: put lard in a pot, heat it and brown flour in lard (but not too brown). Add grounded paprika and just few drops of cold water to make “zafrig” (a kind of “sauce veloutè”).
- Take out savoy cabbage from water with hollow spoon, add sliced potato in small cubes and water you have cooked savoy cabbage in it.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until potato is soft (10-20 minutes). Serve as a side dish to steaks, sausages, dried smoked ham etc.