Baked Prosciutto And Brie With Apple ButterFrom champagnetime 11 months ago
- 1 loaf crusty French bread shopping list
- 4 Tbs butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup apple butter shopping list
- 16 thin slices prosciutto, about 1/4 pound shopping list
- 2 pears or apples, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 lb Brie, thinly sliced shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (or drizzle honey_- my note) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2. Cut 16 (1/2-inch thick) slices out of the loaf.
- 3. Butter each side of the slices and put them onto a baking sheet.
- 4. Spread 1 tablespoon of apple butter onto each slice.
- 5. Top this with 1 slice of prosciutto and 3 or 4 slices of pear or apple.
- 6. Cover this with the Brie slices, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- 7. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8. Wonderful served with champagne
- Source: a Chef's Journey take off of a Tyler Florence recipe