Fennel, Frisée, And Escarole SaladFrom champagnetime 3 years ago
- 3 Tbs minced shallot shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice (preferably Meyer lemon) shopping list
- 1 tsp red-wine vinegar, or to taste (or champagne vinegar) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt shopping list
- 1 small head escarole (3/4 pound), torn into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 small head Frisée (3/4 pound), torn into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered and thinly sliced or shaved with an adjustable-blade slicer shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine-quality extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 (1/2-pound) piece parmigiano-Reggiano shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Stir together shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss together greens and fennel in a salad bowl.
- 3. Whisk oil into shallot mixture, then toss with salad. Top with shaved parmesan.
- Source: a Chef's Journey take on a Gourmet magazine recipe from January 2009