Fish ChowderFrom takopoly 2 years ago
- 3-4 pieces bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, chopped shopping list
- 2 large potatoes (Yukon Gold or red), diced into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 2 fillets whitefish (basa, cod, haddock, rockfish, etc.), chopped and seasoned with salt and pepper shopping list
- 3-3.5 cups chicken, fish or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/4 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp savory shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk, light cream, or cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, fry onion till barely crisp; add onion, celery and carrot, and saute until onions are softened.
- Add stock, potatoes, thyme, savory, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper (about 1/8 tsp each, depending on saltiness of stock).
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir together milk/light cream and flour; add to soup. Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Add fish and simmer until fish is opaque (about 5-10 minutes).
The Cooktakopoly Victoria, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!