Corn Casserole With Black Bean SauceFrom GayeLe 11 months ago
- 1 can (14-15 oz.) creamed corn shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained shopping list
- 1 pouch (6-7 oz.) golden corn bread and muffin mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- chopped fresh cilantro and/or sour cream for topping, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease square glass baking dish (2 qt. size). In medium bowl, mix both cans of corn, muffin mix (dry), butter and eggs. Pour into baking dish. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes until the casserole springs back when touched in the center. Top with cheddar cheese and put back for about 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- During the last few minutes the casserole is baking, heat beans and salsa in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Let casserole sit about 5 minutes to set up. Cut into squares, top each serving with bean sauce. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro.
- Feeds 4 to 6.
The CookGayeLe Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!