My Chili - CtmeFrom ctme 1 year ago
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb ground pork shopping list
- 1 lb regular or hot chorizo sausage or sweet or hot Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 T large cloves garlic, minced or minced garlic from jar shopping list
- 1 (14oz/cn) mushrooms, sliced or fresh shrooms sliced shopping list
- 1 lg/cn or 3 sm/cns Kuner's chili beans in hot sauce, undrained shopping list
- 3 (16oz/cns) Kuner's Mexican Style tomatoes with herbs or rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained shopping list
- 3 (4oz/cns) diced green chilies or small container Buenos diced green chilies shopping list
- 2 T ground cumin shopping list
- 4 to 6 T Chimayo red chili powder or equivalent shopping list
- 1 tsp chili Pequin (optional (hot) shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp Mexican oregano, measured after slightly crushed shopping list
- salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Using a 4 qt slow-cooker or larger, add tomatoes, chili beans, green chilies, chili powder, chili Pequin (if using), oregano, and salt/pepper. Stir well and set heat to HIGH for first hour.
- In a large skillet brown the beef, pork and sausage until mostly done. Drain fat reserving about 2 tablespoons in skillet. Add meat to slow-cooker and mix well.
- Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms to skillet and sauté until onions turn translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Add to slow-cooker, mix well and set to LOW, cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Highly recommend refrigerating over night and reheating the next day for maximum flavor.
- Can serve with cornbread, bowls of shredded Cheddar cheese, crushed saltines, sliced/diced green onions, sour cream and a good Mexican beer, or chianti for beverage.
The Cookctme Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!