Cheddar Cheese-green Chili Corn CakesFrom champagnetime 2 years ago
- 1 cup cream style corn shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups commercial cornbread mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While oven is heating, place cornbread pan in oven for 10 minutes – preferably a cast iron pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the corn, buttermilk, oil and eggs. Stir in cornbread mix, jalapenos and cheese.
- Remove heated pan from oven carefully, and quickly spoon batter into molds, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until tops are golden brown and a pick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool wedges in pans on a rack about 4 minutes before removing from mold. 8 servings.
- Note: (1) for an added treat, top the corn cakes with a Seven Pepper Jelly, found in most grocery stores.
- (2) to reheat, lay the cakes on a baking sheet and heat in a 450°F. oven for 10 minutes.
- Source: a Chef’s Journey’s cookbook, “Black Beans & Corn”