Buttery Dinner RollsFrom Daisy526 7 months ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce size) active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup Nonfat dry milk shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup Warm water (105-115 degrees F) shopping list
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter-Flavored vegetable shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Place 2 cup flour in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast, salt, sugar
- and dry milk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water and egg and stir to blend. Make a
- well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour water mixture into
- the well. Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes and frequently scraping
- bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the melted butter and beat to incorporate. Add remaining
- flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each
- addition. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set dough in a warm, draft
- free place such as oven with a pan of the hottest tap water on the
- rack below. Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1
- Coat cups, bottoms and sides of muffin pan (or two small round
- pans) with shortening. Punch down batter (batter will be extremely
- soft and sticky). Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared muffin
- cups (or in pan, each touching the next). Brush dough with 1/2
- remaining melted butter. Let rise uncovered in a warm draft free
- place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls on middle rack in preheated 400 degrees F oven, for
- 16-18 minutes.
- Brush tops of baked rolls with remaining melted butter.
The CookDaisy526 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!