Quinoa With Veggies And Peanut OilFrom staringatthewall 2 weeks ago
- 1/8 cup quinoa shopping list
- 1 TBS lentils shopping list
- 1 TBS split green peas shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp peanut oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup radish - julienned shopping list
- 1/4 cup carrot - julienned shopping list
- 1/4 cup red cabbage - finely sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup red onion - sliced from a quarter of onion shopping list
- 2 medium mushrooms - sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper - sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup green onion - one inch slices, till closer to bulb, then dice shopping list
- I cup fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/2 an avocado - sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp sriracha chili sauce shopping list
How to make it
- This is a very simple simmer and sauté recipe.
- Bring water to a boil in a small sauce pot. Add quinoa, lentils, and split green peas; cover, reduce heat, and simmer.
- After quinoa mix has been simmering for about 10 min, add oils, salt, and pepper to a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add cabbage, red onion, carrots, and radish; toss and sauté for about 3 min.
- Add mushrooms, red bell pepper, green onion; toss and sauté for an additional 3 min.
- Add spinach and sriracha sauce; toss till spinach begins to shrink and return to heat.
- Check quinoa mix; it should be cooked through; if there is still water present, turn heat back up and let cool uncovered till water is has cooked out. You may want to remove sautéed veggies from heat while doing this, since they'll be done.
- Put quinoa mix and veggies in a bowl. Toss with a fork and add fresh sliced avocado.
- Eat like the beast you are.
The Cookstaringatthewall Marion, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!